If you are thinking about hiring a private investigator, one of the first things that you would be thinking about is the private investigator fees. This is because it would be quite normal to know that these kinds of services do not seem to come free of cost. Now, even though you might have heard that availing the services of a private detective are pretty costly, this is not actually true.
According to reports which have been published in recent times concerning the salary of private investigators in Long Island, NYC, a client would have to pay somewhere between $13 and $16 for every hour of service that they avail. Even though this is something which would vary from state to state, the average would remain more or less the same. In addition, the rates might also differ on the requirements of the clients. This is because if the private investigator is asked to do something which is not included in their job description, then it would be pretty normal that they are charging more than they usually do. After all, they would also need their dose of motivation in order to get the work done.
Duties of a private investigator in Long Island, NYC
Now since this is your hard-earned and precious money that you are thinking about using, you would like to know the kind of work that would be done by the private detective. Based on that, you would be able to determine if the services that they are providing and the fees that they are charging are indeed worth it or not.
Therefore, in an attempt to make matters easier upon you, we have outlined some of the basic duties of a private detective. These are as follows:
- Research– The research is undoubtedly considered to be one of the most important tasks which would need to be carried out by a private investigator. This is because without getting an idea about the root cause and the nature of the problem, it would not be possible to come up with the required solutions. Not only that, but it would also become difficult to plan out the strategies.So, under research, it is actually a very vast area. This includes conducting background checks and digging up information about employees and family members. Again, to make sure that the research efforts are a success, a private detective should have a pretty good idea about what they should be looking for.
- Conducting interviews – Even though research seems to lay down the groundwork for the entire investigation, interviews would still need to be conducted by the private investigator in Long Island, NYC. These people might include missing individuals, family members and relatives, or people who have witnessed a crime scene. So, even though the research would help the private investigator in having an idea about the whole problem, the interviews would be beneficial in filling in the gaps of the puzzle.
- Carrying out surveillance operations – On the other hand, if you were hired by a private organization to find out about the activities of a person, then the most effective way in which this could be done is by conducting surveillance. This could also be a determinant of private investigator fees.The whole point of conducting surveillance operations would be noting the activities of a person without them becoming aware. On the other hand, surveillance can also be done with the help of cameras. This means that the private detective would not have to be physically present at the location.
To make the surveillance operation more effective, different techniques could be employed by the private investigator in Long Island, NYC.
Private detective specialists
So, now that you know about the primary duties which would need to be fulfilled by a private investigator, it would also be good to know about the different kinds of specialists that you would be able to find out there. Based on that, you will be able to know if the private investigator fees is worth your money or not.
- Computer forensic investigators – Just like the name suggests, these people would be responsible for retrieving and then examining the computer files which have been deleted from the system. In order to do this, they would need to have the required skills and knowledge to find out how a computer system can be compromised. Based on that, they would be able to develop all the necessary steps to further increase the security of the computer systems and database networks.
- Legal investigators – In a lot of cases, a company might require the expertise of a private detective in dealing with legal matters. In order to make sure that the situation is working in their favor, they resort to digging up confidential information about the opponent. Since this is something which they would not be able to do discreetly, they hire a private investigator to do the job.
- Corporate investigators -Aside from legal matters, a company has to deal with several other issues. These kinds of investigators in Long Island, NYC are responsible for conducting both internal as well as external investigations regarding the employees that are hired by the company. The internal side involves knowing if the employees are actually doing their job properly. On the other hand, the external side focuses more on finding out if these employees have secrets hidden about them.
- Financial investigators – These kinds of detectives are usually recruited by accounting firms to find out if they have any assets which are owing to them. As you can see, this is not really required until a court order has been issued.
Therefore, all this discussion would hopefully help you gain a better understanding of private investigator fees and the reason for which they charge what they do. In addition, this might even have helped you gain an understanding about the different kinds of private investigators that seem to exist and the reasons behind it. Based on that, it would become easier for you when the time comes to hire a private detective.